Tuesday 21 October 2014

Gone Girl



Gone Girl



Here's a little joke to warm up the review:

‘I watched the movie Dirty Dancing the other day, it was full of twists and turns’



I thought Gone girl was going to be the world’s worst ever superhero movie*. I imagined it would go a like this:

Woman: “Someone’s in that burning building, where’s gone girl?”

Man: “err well she was here a minute ago”

 

The movie begins with Nick Dunne’s (Ben Affleck) wife disappearing and then the process of trying to find her begins. They wanted to put up missing posters but they couldn’t find them.

They sent out a search party, had a press conference and then Nick had an interview with a TV chat show but I don’t think it was a good time to be trying to get a job.

The police seem pleased when they find her diary but I don’t see how it will help, I mean if I went missing, all finding my diary will do is tell you I have a gig in Gloucester on Friday and a dentist appointment next Tuesday.


***SPOILER ALERT***

Throughout the film I was wondering if Neil Patrick Harris’s character was from Southern United States and when he had his throat cut my suspicions were confirmed, he was a redneck.


I give this movie 9 Marks(immons) out of 10

*This was not the world's worst superhero movie, so this title is still held by Green Lantern.

No comments:

Post a Comment