Thursday 14 November 2013

Gravity


Gravity



A little joke to warm up the review: 

‘my mate swims a lot, the other day he told me that when he was a kid he got a 10 metre badge, I thought that’s big’

Gravity is a movie I’m surprised they got off the ground.

Dr. Ryan Stone (Sandra Bullock) is on her first space mission and veteran astronaut Matt Kowalski (George Clooney) is on his last. She is very up tight and he is floating around space without care or fear, he’s clearly a LUNARtic.

Trouble starts when the Russians accidentally cause an explosion firing satellite debris towards where Stone and Kowalski are working, its coming at them fast and I know exactly how that feels because my sky dish almost fell on me the other day when it was quite windy.

Once the debris has past they realise they are the only survivors from their crew and that their ship has been destroyed. To top this they have next to no o2 and lost communication with mission control, bet they wish they were with Vodaphone.

They then have to use a thruster pack to make it across space to other countries space stations.
This is where the movie shows some cultural stereotyping. When boarding the Chinese space station there is a ping pong bat floating around, I was half expecting Stone to board the Russian space station only inside to find another Russian space station and inside that find another Russian space station.

I give this movie 8 Marks(immons) out of 10

No comments:

Post a Comment